API Ph Drops

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wetfishies

Aquarium Advice Regular
Can someone tell me what color the ph is suppose to be?
I have the API freshwater master kit

It depends very much on what you are keeping, and what you want your pH to be. What type of tank/what type of fish? In the end, it probably doesn't matter too much, unless you have some wacky water params or some sensitive species of fish.

When I test my water, the drops are sometimes blue, sometimes brown and sometimes they drop out dark blue. Shouldn't they always be the same color with every drop

I've never really looked, will have to check out.

Do you mean the drops are different colours in the air (dropping from bottle) or in the tube water (as they drop through the water)?

I have cross-checked the API test kit against a digital ph meter and found a fairly close match. Actually the liquid test kit has been a handy check on the digital meter when it drifts out of calibration.

As soon as I turn the bottle upside down as it is coming out of the bottle. NOT when it is inside the tube. Just when it is coming out of the bottle

How strange :). I'll have to have a look next time I'm running the test. I can't remember noticing anything like that.

Thank you.. And you did not drop any blue and or dark blue drops at all?

No, all brown. Could it be temperature related??? Idk, guessing.

Reading was about what I expected vs meter on ph controller.

I have no idea about the temp as well. Hmmm Maybe I will just write to api

Thank you :)

Back
Top Bottom