Apistogramma cacatuoides

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

machotaco

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm getting a pair of cockatoo apistos tomorrow for the 45 and was wondering aside from a coconut cave and some omega one cichilid pellets, brine shrimp, and blood worms, what else do I need to care for them

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

They like activities such as tennis and badminton. . If you could fashion a fully submersible clay court?? Maybe they like grass courts better?? I forget... just be careful.. mine is a soar loser.. he owes me 2 tiny raquets..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Haha when u find out about the type of court I will send one down for them

Kidding of courts.. heh.. anyways.. they're pretty easy actually.. everything you mentioned sounds great.. they do appreciate a variety of structure and cover.. also frozen bloodworms once a week!

Working on aquascaping next week, there going into a 15 gal QT until I'm done. I will post a pic when I get thwm

Ok I just got the fish but I have some problems. They aren't eating the cichilid pellets. They are to big. I have freeze dried blood worms I'm trying but they don't seem very interested in them. What should I feed them. I also think I have two males. I'll post some pics tomorrow and any help is much appreciated . Thank you

EDIT: I did some reading and now believe i have a pair. Only one of my to cockatoos have the dark black markings on the ventral fins. A tell tale sign of a female.

Pics would help in id, as for food? Give them a day to settle, they tend to be stressed after travel and won't eat..

They are still to small to take the small omega one pellets. They will take one blood worm or so but I have no idea when they eat it. Some times they spit it out. I think my LFS feeds strictly BBS. should I go get some frozen ones?

How big are they?

My apisto don't like blood worm she suck it up then spit it out straight away brine shrimp and daphnia are the only frozen food they will eat other than that they get flake food

How do you get the flake food down to them? I think I will pick up some frozen brine shrimp tomorrow.

Ok thank you. I will let you know how it goes tonight.

What else do you have in with them? How are they behaving do they seem settled or on edge?

Ohh Lil guys huh? Yah I feed my fry,at that size, frozen daphnia, cyclops and brine shrimp, mainly omega one flake now..

So they are settled in very well. They come out to the glass and say hi. They aren't afraid at all. I haven't seen if they eat flakes but I will give that a try tonight. They share a temporary tank with 3 platys, 4 X-ray tetras, and a betta. How do you feed the flake brookster? I have those exact ones but they never come to the top.

I ground it up and dump it in filter outflow..it gets pushed down.

Back
Top Bottom