Aqadvisor??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great tool for the clueless.
A real eye opener for many.
Not the bible of keeping in way shape or fashion.
That's part of what i think about it...

It's a good tool to 'ballpark it', their disclaimer at the bottom says about the same thing. Get estimate, add grain(s) of salt.

There are grains of information that are very helpful but like everything else you have to know how to qualify it.
I actually learned from it just yesterday how ever painful the extraction of info was..
One fish at time alone in the tank...

It is best used to get an idea on stocking then take it and bounce it off real keepers with experience IMO..

There are grains of information that are very helpful but like everything else you have to know how to qualify it.
I actually learned from it just yesterday how ever painful the extraction of info was..
One fish at time alone in the tank...

It is best used to get an idea on stocking then take it and bounce it off real keepers with experience IMO..
Yea i kind of figured something was up up with the info given on there.. Thanks for your time

I really like the temperature/ pH / hardness compatibility bit. I also think it's funny when you get a notice like WARNING: X FISH MAY MAKE A MEAL OUT OF Y FISH.

I really like the temperature/ pH / hardness compatibility bit. I also think it's funny when you get a notice like WARNING: X FISH MAY MAKE A MEAL OUT OF Y FISH.
Yes about the fish eating the other.. I also was warned about that but have kept my tiger barbs and neon tetras in a 50 gallon for 3 months and they dont even mess with them the tiger barbs mess with eachother instead..

It's an algorithm, so it isn't fool proof. Filtration capacity is estimated at about 50% advertised capacity of the filter. It can't handle scaleability sometimes, but overall it's a good tool that is unlikely to steer you wrong because of its conservative nature.

I'm still new to the hobby, I use aqadvisor just to see what pops up that I should research more before doing.

Oh I regularly run other people's stocking through it for my entertainment. The secret nasty part of me.
That is funny!!!:lol: Not so 'secret' anymore either..:whistle:
You are not alone...Sometimes it is just to make sure I am not being too hard or judgemental...:nono:
You know , if we like what it says , then it is a resource and if we don't it is for clueless like I said...:hide:
Funny how people are like that....

It is a tool like a ...hammer..Multi functional but best used in one application...Even then Practice with any tool makes for better use.

Have had it give funny results in small tanks for a single species.

Otherwise been happy with it for use as a guide.

Back
Top Bottom