Aqua Clear Filters?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Talvari

Aquarium Advice FINatic
For my 46 gallon planted tank, I was thinking Id go with the Aqua Clear (40-70) filter. However, I've been seeing alot of complaints that the filter develops leaks after a short period of time because the plastic material is shoddy.

Fish would be rams, raspora, cory's and cardinal tetras...

Do any of you have ant experience with the Aqua Clear filters?

Would I be better off going with a MarineLand 350?

I have several aquaclears and have never had a problem with them. I've been using them for over 10 years and I highly recommend them.

If you are referring to the HOB Aquaclears (20,30,70,110) then I have used many over the years and never had a leak. Best HOBs on the market IMO.

Perhaps others have had differing experiences. We'll see what more comments bring.

would not use anything else , no leaks... you can modify the media to suit your needs.... easy to clean , moves a lot of water ....all round good filter.

I've owned AquaClears for almost 5 years and never had a problem with any leaking. I think they are the best HOB filters in town, period. Media baskets are large and give plenty of options as far as what media you can run. They have adjustable flow control which is a nice touch in short tanks with sand.

Edit: I've owned the Aquaclear 50 and 30 for quite some time.

AquaClears are the best HOB filters ever. Customizable media, easy cleaning, doesn't need replacing, can last a long time, quiet for the most part than other HOBs, and cheaper than some as well. Definitely recommend one.

The only thing I can say about AquaClears is don't drop them. They're made from a more brittle plastic than some other HOBs. Other than that, I think they're the best bang-for-your-buck filters out there. I had trouble with Marineland impellers getting eaten by sand. No problem with an AC on the same tank. Get the AC110 for your tank. I've got one on my 40B and it does an awesome job.

The only comment is on the 110 that the leveling leg could be a little longer. Over all great filters.

Thanks for the great input, guys!

Ill be going with the Aqua Clear 70 because I am getting a great deal on it... Only paying about $40 instead of between $55 and $80, depending on where you go. The cheapest I've found a 110 is still $75.

i looked around for a long time for an ac110 used, everybody is hanging on to them
then someone was selling off a lot of fw stuff and i snagged a bag with 7 ac filters from the mini to to the 110 for 50 bucks , i am still grinnin :)

AC110 on amazon is about $65 shipped, cheaper than retailers buy them for direct from Hagen (thanks for nothing Hagen).

Back
Top Bottom