Aquaclear?...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Prediscus23

Aquarium Advice Freak
Has anyone had any experience with this brand of filter? I bought a 50 gal hangover filter from Petsmart for my 29 gal tank. I was jus wondering if anyone uses this brand?

Prediscus23 said:
Has anyone had any experience with this brand of filter? I bought a 50 gal hangover filter from Petsmart for my 29 gal tank. I was jus wondering if anyone uses this brand?

Have them, used them, still using one AC110. There a solid product IMO

Good luck.

I agree, I've used them. I have a canister now but when I had the AC's I was happy with them. I like the basket and that you can pretty much add any media you want inside.

I have the AquaClear 70, and I'm very happy with it. I really like how customizable it is... I run two sponges and the biomax in mine.

Cleaning is a breeze. I just pop the basket out, swish the biomax around in tank water and squeeze out the sponges.

Only negative I found was the top lid started rattling after a week, so I just run it without the lid.

bigtoad78 said:
Only negative I found was the top lid started rattling after a week, so I just run it without the lid.

Same here. Forgot to mention that. I run without the lid also.

AC filters are great, I have 2 and my husband has 1. They are tough performers.

Let me ask you this, would it b better to run the filter while cycling without the activated charcoal that comes with it or should I let it be?

Prediscus23 said:
Let me ask you this, would it b better to run the filter while cycling without the activated charcoal that comes with it or should I let it be?

Just take the carbon out for now. You really don't need carbon unless removing medications. IMO your better off using the sponge your bio rings and you can add some poly floss, polishing pads whatever you wanna call it. You'd be amazed at what that stuff picks up!

You think your filter is doing the job? Add some of that and wait a few days. Mine practically falls apart! It picks up all the very very fine debris. I love that stuff. I change it every few days.

Mind you I have a well stocked 75 gallon African Cichlid tank.

Prediscus23 said:

Carbon is a waste of money. You only need it when removing meds.

It won't hurt to put it in, but I would save it until you need to use it for something specific. Once you put it in the filter, it doesn't serve its purpose for very long.
I bought the extra pack of sponges, and just run two of those with the bag of biomedia.
I've got the carbon saved just in case I need to remove some meds or something later on.

Back
Top Bottom