Aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jpjones

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi I have a 20 gallon aquarium but soon to get a 75. I want to make it a tank with gar and peacock bass. Can I have them in a 75 gallon aquarium? Any advise would help a lot thanks.

No unfortunately a 75 would not be of sufficient size to keep either one of these species individually, let alone both in the same tank.

Do you know of any freshwater predator fish that could live in a 75 gallon tank?

You could do almost any large new world cichlid. Ocscar, jack Dempsey, red terror, green terror, red devil, red texas comes to mind.

I also was wondering about the fire eel is that something that could live in a rather small aquarium.I heard that some stores will sell sturgeon is that true and if so what is there back ground? Would I be able to get one? And have it fit well?

I also was wondering about the fire eel is that something that could live in a rather small aquarium.I heard that some stores will sell sturgeon is that true and if so what is there back ground? Would I be able to get one? And have it fit well?

If your talking about sturgeon in native lakes and rivers that is a definite no go.
Once while fishing one surfaced right under our boat and nearly tipped us over. It was well over 8ft

Wow!! that had to be some fishing trip!! what online sites would you recommend for ordering fish I could not find to many that had a wide variety?

I've heard good things about petsolutions.com liveaquaria.com and bluegrassaquatics.com

I've never ordered offline though.

You can also Private message HN1 or Severum Mama. They often have cichlids available for shipping.

I assume you found these species on LiveAquaria. Most are too big for a 75. Plus with oddball species like the ones you listed, you have to feed them live food frequently. It becomes very expensive after a while.

I suggest New world Cichlids. They are full of energy and quite entertaining. Only reason I don't have some is because I like planted tanks.

Back
Top Bottom