Aquarium Size??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AgilityIG

Aquarium Advice Activist
My sister has an aquarium that *hopefully* is coming to me in Iowa from her in Florida (with my parents on their spring trip home if it can fit in their van). She previously had two salt water tanks and this was one of the tanks. I have a couple questions - is there anything I need to do to this tank if it is to be used for fresh water fish? It has been empty for quite a while. Also - she gave me the dimensions: 48 x 13 x 18. As near as I can tell, this would be a 45 long? She said she was pretty accurate in the measuring...

I won't have fish in it for quite a while, but my parents are headed back next month after a winter in Florida (lucky them!!) and it might get a free trip :D

If it was set up as a sw tank, it may have coraline on it which is a pain to remove, but I had to remove some from my 150g when i got it... I used razor blades and vinegar to clean everything, then rinsed like crazy... just for reference, ill include a before and after photo for you ;)
:eggface:

Last edited:
Another point worth noting, don't use any chemical surfactants like soap or detergent to wash the tank. The residue that gets left behind are pretty bad for fishes.

Thanks for the ideas guys - hopefully she cleaned it when she emptied it (not a whole lot of hope for that one!!)

mfdrookie - nice job on the tank!!

Back
Top Bottom