Aqueon 55 gal L.E.D Start Kit GOOD or BAD?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MikeLani456

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello everyone,

I am new to the world of aquariums and I was wondering if anybody could help me decide what tank i should get. The Aqueon 55 gal LED tank kit looks like a good thing to me to get, but then again i have no idea about anything yet. I am open to any insight, guidance, or information about buying this kit. AM i better off buying m equipment separately.

Thank you all very much for taking time to answer me.

It depends. I went and looked at it but no price was listed. The tank itself is usually not expensive but the goodies can add up. The filter they include retails for around 40 bucks at PetSmart. That filter wouldn't be my first choice but it looks OK. The heater they say is "preset". I really don't like those. You can't adjust them.

Essentially you are getting tank, hood/LED light, heater and filter. Try pricing those out separately online? I look on Amazon a lot because of user feedback. Do you know anyone with a tank to talk filters and heaters with?

Reply Thanks but...

I do not happen to know anybody currently with a fish tank. I will try finding the costs of the parts separately but what brand should I be researching prices on? the tank kit is 200 dollars btw

Last edited:
I do not happen to know anybody currently with a fish tank. I will try finding the costs of the parts separately but what brand should I be researching prices on? the tank kit is 200 dollars btw

I see online PetSmart has a 55 gallon starter kit for 149.00. (Top fin) & the heater is adjustable. I don't know much about it but the price looks good.

I am using a NeoTherm heater (pricey) and a HOB (hang on back - Aquaclear).

Made a lid with acrylic from the hardware store. It's easy to score and snap. Bought a 30 dollar LED light from Amazon. I don't even remember the brand but I like it.

Like I said iI like to read reviews online so I know how many people were pleased and what the issues were for those that were not pleased.

Best of luck to you.

I found most of the starter kits I looked at to have equipment that barely would handle the size of the aquarium. I would recommend just ordering the aquarium and buying the equipment separate, this allows you to have the option of an hob or canister filter, adjustable heater, plant lights if you wish to grow live plants, and you can also diy many things if your handy. I have a aqueon 45gallon and I am very happy with the quality but I bought equipment separate such as Fluval canister, Eheim heater, etc.

Back
Top Bottom