Aqueon water changer question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Buu

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm about to add one of these bad boys on my foster and smith order. All the reviews seem like it is easy and nice (minus adaptor not fitting some sinks, and the plastic feeling cheap).

My main question is, after you put water in your tank, how do you dose it with conditioner? Do you just dose the whole tank, or the water added? I use prime if it makes any difference.

Secondly I just wanted everyone's opinions and experience on this product!

I'm about to add one of these bad boys on my foster and smith order. All the reviews seem like it is easy and nice (minus adaptor not fitting some sinks, and the plastic feeling cheap).

My main question is, after you put water in your tank, how do you dose it with conditioner? Do you just dose the whole tank, or the water added? I use prime if it makes any difference.

Secondly I just wanted everyone's opinions and experience on this product!

Dose the size of your tank and then put in the new water. Btw you can make one yourself for like $20. Get a simple 50 foot garden hose ($10), a water bed filling kit ($5), and a faucet adapter ($5). Done

Dose the size of your tank and then put in the new water. Btw you can make one yourself for like $20. Get a simple 50 foot garden hose ($10), a water bed filling kit ($5), and a faucet adapter ($5). Done

LOL you sound like my husband! It's 25$ at foster and smith right now (the one I want) so not bad (like 50$ at pet smart for same thing!).

I have one of them. The first one, the attachment to the tap cracked so badly around the thread it could not be fixed. Had to buy a new one. But I kept the compression nut from the old one and now I can fasten a second hose to the bottom nipple, and if I choose to, run some of the old tank water into a bucket instead of down the drain. Use it to water plants, who really, really respond to fish water.

If you need more tubing, it is cheaper by far to buy it at a place like Home Depot than from Aqueon. Won't match the colour, will work.

I have one of them. The first one, the attachment to the tap cracked so badly around the thread it could not be fixed. Had to buy a new one. But I kept the compression nut from the old one and now I can fasten a second hose to the bottom nipple, and if I choose to, run some of the old tank water into a bucket instead of down the drain. Use it to water plants, who really, really respond to fish water.

If you need more tubing, it is cheaper by far to buy it at a place like Home Depot than from Aqueon. Won't match the colour, will work.

I never thought about watering the plants with tank water. I bet the respond well! All the plant supplements we add and the ones the fish make LOL. That's such a good idea.

I have an Episcia that was my mother's. It always grew and flowered for her, pretty much year round, and she fertilized it. But when I brought it home and began using fish tank water, the leaves tripled and quadrupled in size, and even the flowers nearly doubled in size. It grows like a weed now. All thanks to fish poop :).

Back
Top Bottom