Are these eggs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ollymoran

Aquarium Advice Activist
Have just looked in my tank after coming back from work and I have spotted these on my pump. Are they fish eggs? If so what do I do?

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1398877688.221777.jpg

I'm worried as I have an angel in the tank and it is showing a keen interest in what ever it is.

Are they moving? If they are they are parasites. Otherwise they are probably eggs. What fish do you have in the tank?

Sent from my BLU STUDIO 5.0 II using Aquarium Advice mobile app

No don't look like they are moving. Have an angel fish, 3 neons tetras and also 2 guppies and 3 mollies

But don't feel so bad. I found a Norman Lampeye fry in my tank yesterday. I don't know how it survived in a tank with Opal Rams.

But don't feel so bad. I found a Norman Lampeye fry in my tank yesterday. I don't know how it survived in a tank with Opal Rams.

just wanna know what they are so I can sort it out accordingly

Those are indeed angelfish eggs. The parents tend the eggs and fry and will guard them. Depending on the temp of the tank water they will turn into wigglers in 3 or so days if they don't get eaten before then. It's very common for eggs to be eaten in a community tank.

I agree with rivercats. However the eggs are probably infertile if that is your only angel.

Yes I only have one angel, I have got up this morning and looked in my tank and the whole lot has disappeared! No trace of them anywhere on my pump.

I have a single female angel and she used to lay eggs on my filter intake every other week. First, I would notice her guarding the area and meticulously cleaning it. Then she would lay eggs for about 6-10 hours. Then she would guard the eggs as long as she could, but during the night my pleco would get them. Obviously they are infertile anyway since I don't have a male, and if any remain they will turn white and fall off, or be eaten by the angel or other fish within the next day or so.

Back
Top Bottom