are these fish compatible

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TonyMontana

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a thirty gallon tank two aquatech 30-60 HOB filters. would these fish get along, 3 zebra danios, 3 gold barbs, 2 rainbow shark, 2 angel fish, 1 sword tail.

Warning: At least 5 x Gold Barb are recommended in a group.
Note: Rainbow Shark may jump - lids are recommended.
Warning: Rainbow Shark is not recommended for your tank - it may eventually outgrow your tank space, potentially reaching up to 6 inches.
Warning: Rainbow Shark needs to be kept alone.
Warning: At least 5 x Zebra Danio are recommended in a group.

Recommended temperature range: 24 - 24 C.
Recommended pH range: 6 - 7.8.
Recommended hardness range: 5 - 15 dH.

You have plenty of aquarium filtration capacity.

Your aquarium filtration capacity for above selected species is 150%.
Recommended water change schedule: 51% per week. (You might want to split this water change schedule to two separate 30% per week)
Your aquarium stocking level is 129%.

This is from AqAdvisor - Intelligent Freshwater Tropical Fish Aquarium Stocking Calculator and Aquarium Tank/Filter Advisor

all the fish seem to be fine thanks for the advise i just dont want the rainbow shark to nip at the angels my wife likes them alot.

They are compatible, but that is overstocked. You do have good filtrations I would say.

A single pair or 2 angels alone would need the 30 gallon by itself, so I would recommend getting one.

Like stated above, the rainbow shark are very territorial against their own species, so soon you are only going to end up with one. They also need 55 Gallons or more.

I would recommend bringing up the schools of the barbs and danios to at least 6 (also will reduce nipping with the angel, just watch carefully)

Back
Top Bottom