Are these good deals from craigslist?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eduguy

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Are these good deals? Keep in mind I don't live in the USA so things cost more where i live. I am looking for a good betta tank. Please give me an opinion of the best one if your on budget. Thanks!!
Links:
Betta fish starting kits/ 2.5 gallon and 3 gallon aquarium

Aquarium supplies ( for this one Its the 5 g hex)

3 gallon aquarium complete setup + cherry shrimp, plants, etc

FISH BETTA GLASS BOWLS - 1 X 0.5 GAL, 1 x 1 GAL, 1 X 2 GAL (i think the 2 gallon one is the one i would get if i got these. Fair price?)

5 gal starter kit for sale

quality betta fish for sale (of course the bettas :D )

Again Thanks!! I noticed most of these don't have heaters. Bettas almost always need heaters unless you live in a REALLY HOT place.

Honestly I think you could probably do better. Most people I find seriously over price things up here expecting to get close to what they paid for something.

I also live in Canada so I know what is paid in the US is often far less than what we pay but I still think 35 bucks for couple gallon set up that seems like mostly stuff that probably wouldn't be used is a waste. IT's only a good deal for a "kit" if it's all stuff you will use. KWIM?

To give you an idea, I live in eastern Canada and these are some local ads for my area

20 Galon Fish Tank Set Up - Saint John Pet Accessories - Kijiji Saint John Canada.

20 Galon Fish Tank Set Up - Saint John Pet Accessories - Kijiji Saint John Canada.

And these could even be argued to be a bit over priced.

it can be very frustrating to try and find something used but patience can really pay off. I would stay away from less than 5 gallons personally. These little tank kits are way over priced in stores new and this leaves people expecting to get far more than it's worth used.

How about the 5 g hex with filter and lights.

Back
Top Bottom