Baby Mollie Troubles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lilliz7

Aquarium Advice Newbie
:ermm:I am new just joined but I was looking for anyone that could tell me if a ten gallon filter would suck up a 30 day old mollie baby ? help :( any suggestions would be helpful... right now the mollie baby has been floating in the water of the mollies 10g in a plastic tupperware container and ive changed the water daily and shes been growing steadily...

Possibly, depending on what kind of filter it is... You can put a big piece of sponge on the end of the filter intake though and solve that problem.

Welcome to AA, btw! :welcome:

Hi! Welcome... :)

I have Mollies and in my 10g fry tank I have a filter rated up to 20g... I got a sponge designed to slide over the filter intake and I use that for about a month-6 wks Depending on growth.
I've had mollies all grow at different rates and I generally move them into my 20g L juvie grow out tank around 6-8 wks...I got mine for $2.99...

i have NEVER had any problems with my baby mollies getting sucked up into the filter.
they have a pretty good sense about them.
i'd say that it is time to put your little molly into the population :)

I've kept both molly fry and krib fry in the main tank after birth and have observed the days old krib fry resting on the filter intake. They do not get sucked up. A weak one might, though.

Back
Top Bottom