background choice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elwood

Aquarium Advice Regular
first of all, what I like about this site as a resource is that it helps save money. Especially when you can ask seemingly unimportant questions and still get answers.

I have decided to put a background on my tank. Mine is a 30 gal Oceanic cube. I know I don't want a picture but I can't decide between the deep ocean blue, the black or a blue metallic. If you have had one or more of these and have an opinion about them let me know.

My gravel is mostly black with some blue gravel as well. Plastic plants and natural stone. I really like the metallic blue but I don't know what overall affect it will have. My tank is very peaceful looking and I want to maintain that as well.

Thanks.

Black...that way you can change decor without having to consider the blue.

I have black on mine and love it, but it really comes down to personal taste. The pros of a background are gained irregardless of what is used,

The background that I bought at the LFS was ocean blue on one side, and black on the other. If you can find that same stuff, buy it, cut it to size, and use scotch tape to put it on. put on the blue, look at it, take a pic, then switch it around to black, then you can see which you like better, and since it's two sided, you don't have to buy 2 different things.

I have black on all my tanks except for one (which I will be changing to black shortly). IMO it really shows off the coloration of the fish.

Black.

Don't use a sticker. Just get a black background from the pet store and use oil to apply it.

I bought a blue Oceanvisions. I think I should have listened to the good people here at AA. It's a big sticker. Seemed cool to me despite what everyone was saying. Cost me around 9 bucks for 3 feet (expensive, I know, but I didn't care, don't ask why, I just really wanted the background.) It took about four tries to get on right, and then you have to deal with the air bubbles. I can't get rid of at least 50 of them (they're tiny) and it just looks kinda trashy. So, I think I am going to look hard for the double sided ones. None of my LFS seem to have solid colors, that's why I ordered the Oceanvisions I guess.

SparKy697 said:
... I won't say it :)

haha

I do this all the time when I'm traveling in unfamiliar areas, and my GPS says to go one way, but it looks like it's way out of the way to me on the map. So I'll go another way, and it ends up taking twice as long to get anywhere.

You'd think I learn...

lol The Ocean Visions are great if you have the patience for it. I just don't have the patience.

I like black myself, it hides everything, any kind of decorations can go with it, its subtle, its simple, very nice if ya ask me

Yea, I painted the back of all of my tanks black. I bought a large bottle of paint (8oz.) and it did my 55, 2 20g, 1 10g, 1 5g, and 1 2.5g. I think I have enough paint left to do my other 10g and 2.5g. It cost me about $4 and a couple hours. I LOVE the way it looks, so clean...

Back
Top Bottom