Bad advice/sale from LFS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Apparantly LOL. I went to the lfs tonight and a new employee tried giving me advice, if you would believe this, they were in the process of cleaning several of the tanks so some of the fish weren't in the tanks that they were labelled. Any rate, I am looking at the serpae tetras, in a tank that had beta sharks and iridescent sharks listed on the outside. He has been there only a couple of days and tells me that the serpae tetras are iridescent sharks. I damn near LMAO. I asked him if they looked like any member of the shark family. He was corrected by his co-worker and kept his mouth shut after that. Dear god, help all those he sells fish to until their tanks are all cleaned! Going to be a lot of confused tank owners in this city. :lol:

thats kind of funny. its mean, but i love it when people try to act smart, but it ends up their wrong :lol:

Ah, the joys of the lps. I've had some terrible advice. I was once told, by the store/aqariums manager no less, that a goldfish or a male/female pair of bettas would do just fine in my 2 gallon tank. Luckily I just got 1 betta (and I've been hooked on bettas ever since), though it was just because he looked prettier. The best I've gotten recently is this.

Me: "Do you have pygmy cories?"
Her: "Noooo, we don't have any little cories. We have like, bronze cories, and emerald cories, and albino cories and stuff."
Me: "Do you ever carry pygmy cories?"
Her: "Noooo, we never have pygmy cories. If that's even a species."
Me: "Yes, corydoras pygmaeus is a species. Thanks for your help. Good-bye."

Sadly, a lot of what I've learned, I've learned the hard way, due to bad advice. At least I learn.

lol you should make up a fish and give em a really hard timeon it hahaha. tell em you'll pay them 50$ for a fish called calimbraeoisis dyphotimue or something like that

Back
Top Bottom