Barbs & Bettas??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ADW76

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hopefully someone has experience with this...
I was at my LFS the other day and saw these little tiger barbs calling for me to take them home. I resisted, and did some research. From what I understand is that they are peaceful as long as they stay in a school (6 or more), otherwise they start attacking delicate fin fish.

So my particular situation is this. The tank has 4 black skirt tetras, 1 male betta, and a pleco. What I'd like to do is get 6 tiger barbs, but I'm a little worried about what they'll do to my betta. Anybody keep barbs with bettas (or any delicate fin fish)? Any advice would be great!

Thanks a bunch!

Its a 30-gallon, with two good size driftwood pieces with hiding places. I have two fake plants as well which offer additional hiding spaces. My tetra's hated the aquarium light for a while, so I added a bunch of things so they could hide. :)

Gotcha. I'll have to give it some more thought I guess. The plants and decor around the tank are near the back. If any of the fish are near the front of the tank, they can see right to the other side. I'm thinking it may not be a good idea if that's what's required. Thanks for your response.

Back
Top Bottom