Beautiful fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FrogFrenzy

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 20 gallon community tank with only 7 small fish. I need a school or an alone fish that's beautiful and not aggressive.

What fish do you have in the tank already?

A good option for just about any tank would be a dwarf gourami. Other than that I'm not sure what to suggest that can go with your current stock.

What fish do you have in the tank already?

A good option for just about any tank would be a dwarf gourami. Other than that I'm not sure what to suggest that can go with your current stock.

I already have two gouramis, a honey and a dwarf. I also have 3 ghost cats, 1 peacock gudgeon, and 3 tetras.

Ahh, definitely no gouramis then. You might actually end up needing to rehome one of your current gouramis. They tend to fight with each other.

Have you thought about a school of harlequin rasboras?

Ahh, definitely no gouramis then. You might actually end up needing to rehome one of your current gouramis. They tend to fight with each other.

Have you thought about a school of harlequin rasboras?

I thought about that too, but if they stay on their sides they're fine. I have but they're not my first choice.

Another option would be a bigger school of tetras or maybe even go with a different type of tetra

I would try some red zebra danios I have about 6 of these little guys in my tank and there awesome to watch. Wicked color. Not sure how'd they do with gourami's though.

I have a german blue ram pair and they do good in my 20 gallon with my zebras,kuhli loaches and my dwarf gouramis

image-1819674208.jpg

image-2734241845.jpg

Ok is this a 20 gallon long or high we are talking about, if it is a high, no rams, they need a 20 long
What about neon tetras, small colorful fish

Yeah no rams in a 20 gal high

I have a bolvian ram in a 20H, and its doing just fine. Never had any problems at all, swims all over the tank, so I don't see a problem in it. It may not be the most ideal setup, but the fish lives in a river in the wild, so you can't exactly replicate that anyway. Just my .02$

(I know people won't agree with me on this though) :hide:

Back
Top Bottom