Beginner ready for the next step (I think)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheKraken

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Not sure how to copy a thread I posted back in April but I was thinking I'm ready to add new fish:). See below

Ok, so it looks like my molly and platy have survived the cycling of my tank (had them in there since early April, will never do that type of cycling again!) Also, they have survived their battle with ich (fought it off with raised temperature and salt). I have been testing my water with the API liquid test kit and it looks like my water has reached safe levels across the board on a consistent basis.

I was thinking of making some additions to my tank now. As I have said above, I have a balloon belly molly and a reg wag platy in a Top Fin 10 gal aquarium. I know that I am somewhat limited in what I can get so I wanted to see if anyone could give me some recommendations. Was hoping to get some bottom dwellers (corys maybe?) but Im open for suggestions.

Also, some snails have infiltrated my tank after I had bought some anacharis, any recommendations on how to get rid of them? Was thinking of going out and buying an assassin snail.

Nah, after I got rid of the ich and completed water changes there was no salt left in the tank. The anacharis and the snails came weeks later.

Back
Top Bottom