Best Betta Food(s) Regardless of Cost?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

betta_

Aquarium Advice Regular
The bottom line is I want what is considered to be the best diet for my soon-to-be Betta. I've heard a combo of flake/pellet, bloodworms, shrimp (brine) is ideal and I'd love to hear everyone's opinion on this.

Recommendations on Brand welcomed and encouraged!!!

New fish.

Omega One freshwater flakes, Omega One buffet betta tablets and bloodworms. Interval them so that the betta doesn't get bored with the diet.

20g long Baby Shark tank
10g Betta

I've also been wondering this.

Right now we use Omega one dried blood worms and omega one betta pellets and Aqueon betta pellets.

I use omega one betta pellets. They are nice and small and I soak mine in a little tank water I scoop out. They soften up then I give to her one at a time . Usually two in the am and two in the pm. I also give her frozen blood worms once a week sometimes twice a week. I thaw them in tank water use a small toothpick blunt end touch to get on it then feed her about four small ones. Then the next day I only feed one meal due to the richness of the worms so her belly don't bloat. I guess I am over protective to keep her from problems. This does keep her happy and healthy .

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Aquarium Advice mobile app

My worms are Hakari brand.

So far I've got two for NLS, 2 for Omega, and bloodworms are a given!

I'm guessing that Omega and NLS are similar in nutritional structure or is that naive of me?

New fish.

So far I've got two for NLS, 2 for Omega, and bloodworms are a given!

I'm guessing that Omega and NLS are similar in nutritional structure or is that naive of me?

New fish.

No ots not naive of you. You are learning and asking good questions. I've got no experience with omega. I do recommend nls. I feed all of mine including my netta nls thera. he is never bored with his food

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

OK what brand is NLS?

NLS is so preferred because of its high nutritional value. Omega one is still a good brand and I use its other products of wafers and frozen products.

Caleb

Thanks for the information guys! I really appreciate it. NLS has my vote

New fish.

I really like NLS despite its use of garlic. I fed my 150 gallon tank a staple of like 3 different kinds of NLS pellet before I left it in the care of my parents. Up here in Maine my fiance and I have NLS cichlid pellets for our angelfish.

On the other hand, we really like omega one too. I didn't use it until fairly recently but as a staple flake my fish really seem to love it. I would say you can't go wrong with either brand.

I like hikari brand.

Fishobsessed7

3 tanks and counting! (6 if you count the bettas)

Ended up going with NLS! Thanks guys!

New fish.

Back
Top Bottom