Best Filter for 75

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CichlidLady0312

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello,

Ive been looking for a sump filter w out breaking the bank for a 75 w good flow. The Cascade 1000 and The Sun Sun filters ive been searching. Any info on these would be helpful thanks

Tank Filtration

Hello,

Ive been looking for a sump filter w out breaking the bank for a 75 w good flow. The Cascade 1000 and The Sun Sun filters ive been searching. Any info on these would be helpful thanks

Hello Lady...

A decent sump filter will cost you in the $200.00 range. You could use standard HOB filters at under $100.00. Hagen has a good product. A couple of AC50s are $40.00 a piece, plus a little shipping. They'll work about as well as anything. You'll need to commit to large, weekly water changes no matter what type of filtration system you use. The water change is the real filter, the others just take in toxic tank water and return the same water that's a bit less toxic.

Just a thought, you're the boss.

B

I run a fluval 406 on mine. No complaints other than the stock ribbed hosing.

I have a sunsun, it is silent. Was really inexpensive on eBay, and holds a crapton of media. It's about the size of a 5 gal bucket. It was easy to prime, the spray bar and intake seem like they are good quality pieces, the quick disconnect works GREAT. I have the 304A and it's rated for 528gph, i'd recommend it for your 75. The UV bulb on the 304B isn't worth it, and the plastic inside the filter is not UV protected plastic so it will break down the plastic over time. It's only a 9w UV bulb anyways, won't do anything with the high flow rate.

Back
Top Bottom