best fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Meganns

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 25 gallon tank ..wanna know people opinions of what fish they like best for this size tank .. I just wanna know opinions and experiences ..not info u have copied and pasted or links I don't need a whole bio on the fish from the internet

In a small tank I'm a big fan of either German blue and/or golden ram pairs but they are super sensitive to water quality

I would have to say german blue rams as well. Or a nice pair of apistogramma. I have never had experience with the apisos but eith the GBR they are great little fish. I had 4 but I gave a pair away and sold one. They layed eggs and it is fanscinating to watch.

So far my fav has been my dwarf gourami and pale blue gourami. Those GBR look amazing thou ive never seen them before!

The rams are lovely fish, IME they are tough to find but I live in a small area. They are bottom level fish too so leave a lot of upper level to stock.

I love my sunset gourami, color variation of the honey. Yellow with a nice splash of orange. He's really timid for a gourami.

I also love my platies. They are a pretty "basic" fish but are super hardy come in all kinds of colors/patterns and a hoot to watch. They are also live bearers and breed supper easy.

I live in a small town that only has a petco and petsmart

There are some reputable online dealers theplsntedaquarium.com comes to mind but I know there is more I just can't remember the names.

I love cory cats. In a 25 a school of panda cories would be great, but both they and the Rams like to hang out at the bottom. Harlequin Rasboras are a really attractive midwater schooler also.

Back
Top Bottom