Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-06-2011, 05:07 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Best heater, filter, etc...

And where to find a cheap python?

Old 11-06-2011, 05:13 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by e_tothe_lijah
And where to find a cheap python?
Best for what type of tank? And you could always try craigslist. People use different types of equipment for different things.

I use on my Cichlid tank a penguin filter from marineland it's rated for a 70g and i have a 55g,the heater I forget the model but it's for a tank bigger then mine and has dials so I can control the heat. As far as the python goes... I bought one from my LFS it ran me about 56.00.

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Convict2161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 05:29 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

55 gal freshwater. Have the normal packaged box kind and want to make sure it's par.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:39 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Check WalMart for a python, I got a 25 footer for around $35.00. As for a filter it is really up to you, HOB or canister, depends how much you want to spend and what livestock you plan on keeping. The filters that come with kit aren't the best.
Old 11-06-2011, 09:03 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

I run two Aqua Clear 110's on my 55 and I am super satisfied with it. If you have the option to put a canister under the tank, the Fluval 405 would be a great choice. For AC's or Fluvals check Amazon as they always have the best prices.

Tags
eat, eater, filter, heater

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com