Best Kind of Cory

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jones2w

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 55Gal planted tank...wondering what is the preffered type of cory on this board? I like an active tank any suggestions?

I think all corys are great. I have albinos and guapore. I like them both. You really cant go wrong with any species, just be sure to buy in a group.

They wouldn't necessarily be the best species for the size of tank you have but IMO the dwarf cory species (i.e. Corydoras pygmaeus or habrosus) are the most active and interesting to watch. Bandit cories (C. metae) is another one of my favorites but I don't think you could go wrong with any cory species.

I agree - any cories are fine.

I'm partial to the false julii's though. I also really like the new ones we got at our store - violetta cories.

I agree, all cories are adorable, but ..... for sheer manic activity it is hard to beat albinos. They will go from being gathered in a nice calm group to zooming all over the tank, just missing (usually) each other, plants, other fish, large solid objects, etc. Seriously just go to a lfs and watch them for a bit. Oh, and for some reason, i have never seen other fish bothered by all the commotion.

I like the big guys of the brochis family. They are really neat looking, but i am also partial to guapore, panda, and arched cories

Although i have to agree, i have never seen a cory and then said it was ugly or uninteresting, they are all amazing.

I think there is plenty of room for Cories. I have about thirteen Panda Cories roaming the floors of my 55 gallon.

Back
Top Bottom