Best way to clean saltwater tank for freshwater...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tallpaul003

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi guys

I've recently bought a Juwel Rio 125 tank which was setup as Marine FOWLR. I'm looking to start a tropical tank and so will give it a good clean out this weekend but don't want to use the wrong stuff.

Is there anything I should avoid using? Or something that would be more beneficial to use than something else?

Thanks in advance ;)
:thanks:

I thought about vinegar but didn't know if it would affect the ph levels? Good to know it won't.
Assume that's in the dilution?

Yep, make sure you rinse it really well also. When I got my 10 gallon it had been used as a saltwater QT tank so it was super nasty

Yup vinegar is good. I buy a gallon no matter the tank size and dump the whole gallon in and fill it with water and let it sit overnight. Next day I get a medium soft brush and shrub and then use a kitchen sink sponge (brand new of course) and scrub some more. Never fails

Awesome advice, thanks guys. Left it soaking overnight with a gallon of white vinegar topped up with water. Big scrub and rinse today and it's all set for the next stage!!!ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394388093.629032.jpg

Isn't it great when people ask for advice and listen to said advice and then use said advice and finally thank those who gave the advice. Brilliant. Ps Your tank looks as good as new. Well done

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thank you. You're all so friendly here. Once I'm up and running, I can't wait to be able to share my experiences and maybe help someone who's in the same position as I am right now

Back
Top Bottom