Betta Aggressiveness.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Revenantwing

Aquarium Advice Freak
Is there anyway i can reduce this aggression besides changing decorations which i have done and is not working. He recently killed one of my shrimp and will chase my other one once and a while. If i get a new betta how can be sure that one wont be aggressive?

You can't, unfortunately. Bettas may eat shrimp--they're just food to them.

I'm sorry to hear that... tankmates with a betta is always a risk.

I guess it's hit and miss. I've heard they're much more likely to eat shrimp though.

Just because I'm procrastinating for a paper, I'll answer for both a 5 and 10 gallon!

5 gallon betta tankmates: 2 African Dwarf Frogs, snails, shrimp.

10 gallon betta tankmates: small school of neon tetras or other small schooling fish like harlequin rasboras (6), African Dwarf frogs, snails, shrimp.

yep its a 5 gallon but 1 thing was i heard its hard to feed ADF's and what if they arent compatible? will my fish kill the ADF or the other way around.

Usually they are compatible. Obviously there's no guarantee, but it should work. Just make sure you are actually getting a dwarf frog, not a baby clawed frog.

Also, they are a bit difficult to feed especially if you betta happens to be a greedy feeder. What most people do is use your hands or reptile tongs to place the food right in front of the ADFs. Honestly, with a 5 gallon it wouldn't be as hard.

I'd look at pictures online and compare there. I'd say most LFS probably have them marked correctly, but I'm not exactly sure on how to tell the difference.

Back
Top Bottom