Betta attacking or not?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i was gonna buy those fancy crystal shrimps. but after this platy nu uuhh!!! we r sticking to ghost shrimps

Livebearers like platties and guppies have a significant bio-load for thier size and should be housed in nothing smaller than a 10 gal.

A 5 gal tank is only a proper home for a betta if they don't have to share it, IMHO.

If you aren't able to give the fish a proper home, any petco or petsmart will take the fish for you, no questions asked and find it a new home. I advise you to take adavantage of this if you can't give the fish a proper home right away.

Dude... She's gonna upgrade to a ten soon. Meanwhile... I think she has them separated... But if not... She should... Just read the whole post. :)

Dude... She's gonna upgrade to a ten soon. Meanwhile... I think she has them separated... But if not... She should... Just read the whole post. :)

A plan is a dream until it comes reality.

1 last thing how can i make sure my betta doesnt react the way he did to my snails? Should i take him out of the tank and introduce the shrimp and then put the betta back in?

Hey dude, I did read the whole post. And I made my suggestion accordingly. As I said, if the OP can't get the fish in a proper home "right away" she should take the platy back. The platy might not last until "soon" happens in this paticular situation...I felt it may be a bit more ugent than that.

1 last thing how can i make sure my betta doesnt react the way he did to my snails? Should i take him out of the tank and introduce the shrimp and then put the betta back in?

You can try that. Take the betta out for 30 mins. Re-arrange the plants and decor so it almost seems like a different tank. Add the shrimp. Float the betta for 30 minutes so he can acclimate to temp and scope the new surroundings and shrimp. Then add him back to the tank and hope for the best. Definitely try the ghost shrimp first. As someone else said, you have a better chance with those anyway because IME they go after the colored shrimp more, and if they do get eaten atleast they weren't a terribly expensive snack ;)

went to 6 different stores through out all the boroughs of NY and still cant find ghost shrimp.... fail

Back
Top Bottom