Betta diet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mokapi

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I tried feeding my betta those floating betta pellets and freeze-dried bloodworms, and he wouldn't take them. I switched to frozen bloodworms and he eats those fine, but from what I understand, they shouldn't be the only thing he's eating. I tried putting in small bits of lettuce and he totally ignored it. Should I be trying a different vegetable? Would he enjoy slivers of beef heart? I feed my dog a raw diet, so I have access to all different kinds of meat...if pork liver or beef/chicken heart would be an okay supplement, I could give him some.

I was also considering buying a sea monkey kit (which, from what I understand, are just brine shrimp) and "raising" some food for him. I feel like having to chase his food would be good.

Does anyone have any diet advice?

coat the pellets in minced garlic. it should entice him to eat. also, don't feed freeze dried bloodworms, because they can bloat bettas really easily.

Brine shrimp aren't the best diet either nutrition wise. Instead of lettuce try a parboiled pea that has been shelled instead. It won't hurt him to go a couple of days without food then try to give him a couple of pellets again.

He gets fed once every three days. I was originally feeding him daily, but then he wouldn't eat so I'd make him wait and he gobbles on the third day. Will the brine shrimp + frozen blood worms + a pea be a good meal?

A betta has a very little stomach a piece of pea the size of a pencil lead is big enough for it for a meal.

Back
Top Bottom