Betta help needed.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MicheleCar9

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a Betta fish who has long lived past his life span. I'm trying to introduce him into a Nana tank. Right now he is the cage so the 2 glow fish can see him. He's pretty docile. But I think it's more from not having enough room to really swim around in a 1 gallon tank. He's been just staying in the same spot and everytime I look he doesn't seem to move. So I don't know how many days to leave him in the new tank in the cage until I can release him safely? ??????????
Thank you.

I suspect he is suffering from stress. Set him free ASAP. No need to lock him up. Seeing the advanced age he will not have much energy to chase glow fish. I have bettas in all but to tanks and I add them using the good old drop and plop. Never had an issue and we are talking hundreds of bettas.

Just how old is he? Bettas can live for a good few years.
I agree that there is really no reason to keep him isolated, especially if he isn't showing any aggression. That could well be stressing him out. Also, make sure to keep an eye on the water parameters in the new tank and make sure that is not stressing him out either.
The zebra danio glofish sometimes will stress out slower fish with their chaotic behavior. So, just keep an eye on everybody and see how it goes. :)

Single bettas usually do very well in community tanks... so long as your community doesn't include a gourami. Gourami's are relatives of the betta and they will be aggressive toward each other.

Back
Top Bottom