Betta Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U had to point it out mclumpy... Lol lol it wasn't me it was my " smart phone " yikes embarrassment :)

No need to feel embarrassed... I loved it! :D I think your smartphone is smarter than you realize! Imagine if there really was a "malefix" on the market... all of us women would be extremely happy! ;)

:ROFLMAO:

Sorry for the OT, btw. :whistle: Carry on. :D

Flossie said:
Ok awesome ;) I'll have to get something once pleco is transferred ;) I think my ph was 8.2 from the tap. I may have to do some more research ;) lol

Pssst! Driftwood tannins can help loser Ph!

Well it sounds like it's actually lowering in your tank on it's own. I'm curious as to if it's going to go back up. This is a cycled tank isn't it? Forgive me, I can't remember. One reason that is important to know though, if your tap pH is drastically different from your tanks pH, is you don't want to do large pwc's or you can cause a pH shock to the fishies.

Well it sounds like it's actually lowering in your tank on it's own. I'm curious as to if it's going to go back up. This is a cycled tank isn't it? Forgive me, I can't remember. One reason that is important to know though, if your tap pH is drastically different from your tanks pH, is you don't want to do large pwc's or you can cause a pH shock to the fishies.

My cycled aquarium is showing 7.4. Should I test straight from the tap or let it set and test? Good point on the PWCs

No need to feel embarrassed... I loved it! :D I think your smartphone is smarter than you realize! Imagine if there really was a "malefix" on the market... all of us women would be extremely happy! ;)

:ROFLMAO:

Sorry for the OT, btw. :whistle: Carry on. :D

LOL thats funny...
Np on the OT... I'm random :)

It appears to be 8.2 straight from the tap? I'm a confused newbie :confused: what do i do about my PWC's?

allaboutfish said:
are you cycling or something? any weird rocks? DW?

Well my cycled tank looks like it's 7.4 the tap water looks like it's 8.2 I wish I could post pics from my phone of the test I have some from camera I could upload on the laptop I suppose

allaboutfish said:
are you cycling or something? any weird rocks? DW?

The cycled tank has gravel but u know what? I did recently add some river rocks that I got in a package ??? That shouldn't though . I do have some sandstone in my 55g that is cycling but I have those river rocks in there as well .... Yikes I need to get this figures out

Have u tested the rocks? People put vinegar on it and if it bubbles, it's not safe for ur tank ( very vague assumption). And have u tried letting ur water sit for 24 hrs.

Back
Top Bottom