Betta question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tjt34

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi. I was wondering how a female Betta's temperament compares with the males when it comes to getting along with other fish.
Is it still the same old 'depends on personality of individual Betta' or are they more or less likely to put up with some friendly companions?

Thanks!

Tjt34 said:
Hi. I was wondering how a female Betta's temperament compares with the males when it comes to getting along with other fish.
Is it still the same old 'depends on personality of individual Betta' or are they more or less likely to put up with some friendly companions?

Thanks!

I would say yes. I have four of them and only two can get along with other fish. The others will mutilate anything in the tank with. I test them before buying, putting a pen up to the cup and see if they flare at it. But that is still a hit and miss.

Yes, it's still one of those thing where it depends on the individual fish. Some females are nasty to any tankmates, some are perfect citizens. In general, most bettas I have experience with have done in well-selected community settings, but that is not the case for everyone. I certainly wouldn't say the are less likely to deal with tankmates than males, but since experiences can vary so much, I won't say they are more likely to either.

Great thanks everyone. Helpful (and prompt) advice!

Back
Top Bottom