Betta sorority...NEED INPUT!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are fake plants okay? I've never kept real plants :S so I wouldn't want to get into expensive live plants for them to just die

Are fake plants okay? I've never kept real plants :S so I wouldn't want to get into expensive live plants for them to just die

They're fine. It's what I have in mine for the time being, seeing as my lights need to be upgraded to grow much in a 2 foot tall tank.

Sorry one more question. Don't want to be annoying or anything. But I have sand I my tank. Is that okay? Or will I need gravel?

Sorry one more question. Don't want to be annoying or anything. But I have sand I my tank. Is that okay? Or will I need gravel?

I have sand in all my tanks - the sorority, my crayfish tank, both of my male betta tanks, and my saltwater tank. It will do just fine.

Okay so here's an update.

They're all still alive this morning and seem less skittish than last night when I come up to the tank.

I plan on moving the guppy and Molly fry out cause I want it to be an all betta tank ( other than the ADF)

I've noticed the male only chases one female, the blue veil tail. Maybe it's because she's of similar color? It hasn't been to bad yet, he'll still flare up and she'll occasionally flare her gills then he'll chase but must loose interest once she hides.

I really wish I could post pictures, this is such a cool experience. Do any of you know how to do it on a computer ?

Moved the male betta to the 26 gal community cause I noticed the blue females fins were ripped. They aren't extremely bad but I didn't want it to escalate. I also moved the guppy and the fry over :)

So glad to hear the male has been moved. You'll probably still see nipped/ripped fins just with the female. Just do what you are to make sure it doesn't turn into something more serious.

Still alive today :) I barely even see them chasing each other! The blue females fins are already healing.

They also all finally ate for the first time last night so that makes me a little more comfortable :) they accepted flakes and blood worms :)

Can't wait to add 2 half moons soon !

Still alive today :) I barely even see them chasing each other! The blue females fins are already healing.

They also all finally ate for the first time last night so that makes me a little more comfortable :) they accepted flakes and blood worms :)

Can't wait to add 2 half moons soon !

you might wanna get them some pellets because I've heard that bettas get bloated when eating flakes I don't know for sure because I've never fed mine flakes!

I have just started one in my 20gallon long so I hope all goes well...I got two cts and one vt....and after I added them I have only seen a little flaring and that's it so let's hope that's all it will be

I wish you luck! So far I have 8 in mine and all is well. Two killed each other on day one but I have had good luck with all my new additions. I think there are two crowntails, three veils, and three half-moons.

Back
Top Bottom