BGK Tankmate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zer0

is back to save the day!
I have read up on tankmates to the BGK and have received the information that a tankmate for one of these fish is one that is larger than the BGK and wont continuously harass the BGK and wont occasionally nip or bite at it. So with that being said, i have looked up a fire eel, and really want one. I have 3 BGK's in a 55gallon fish tank. They are very nice fish indeed but i just wanted to mix it up a bit. I only want to ask about this fire eel because i know that it can grow to about 24inches. Now, given that my fishtank is only 55 gallons, i doubt that it will ever reach that size, as well as the BGK's growing a full 20 inches. So, i just want to know if these two fish are compatible. Im only expecting the BGK's to grow to at least 10" if im lucky. Not sure but would like some feedback on that. Thanks.

its called stunting..... when you dont give a fish a appropriate tank size it cant reach its true potential.

Ok.. thanks for that.. but still the question stands.. can a fire eel and BGK's live together?

And on another note, i have an old brain coral, a real one, but its really old. It died and we bleached it to get any bacteria out etc.. I used to use it in an old freshwater tank with fish etc.. but i dont really know if that was the right move. If its dead and bleached and free of any bacteria, can i put it in the tank?

Ok.. thanks for that.. but still the question stands.. can a fire eel and BGK's live together?

And on another note, i have an old brain coral, a real one, but its really old. It died and we bleached it to get any bacteria out etc.. I used to use it in an old freshwater tank with fish etc.. but i dont really know if that was the right move. If its dead and bleached and free of any bacteria, can i put it in the tank?

ha i feel the same way,i have a BGK with many community fish.its very peacefull as long as well fed.i have always wanted an eel but was worried it would eat my fish so im curious how it does

Yeah, im sure they would do fine if they were the same size, because ive heard the eel is semi-aggresive, but once it got bigger, idk what it would do. :/

Back
Top Bottom