Bio media

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

freshwaterphish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hello all....i have a 36 bow front and i am diy my hob filter... i have added a sponge and floss and really wanna add some bio balls or ceramic media. Guess my question is whats the best out there:popcorn:.... seems like a simple step yet tons of different products. Thank you(y) all and i will post pics of finished filter.... cant believe a cartridge is all you get with them.:eek:

I like the Aquaclear media as it works nicely to fit into other HOBs. Like I have a packet of the bio beads from an Aquaclear 20 in my Aqueon Quietflow 5-15 filter.

Can I put them in loose. Thining sponge bio then carbon/zeolite then floss pad cut to fit in where cardridge went . suggestions

Blue's Galaxy S4

Perfect....I noticed as I posted in anothet thread that I grabed the filter media...so as it soaks in some tank water ill have to go back up to the lfs and grab some bio media. Then mod the filter. ..thanks for responding to me threnjen

Blue's Galaxy S4

Back
Top Bottom