Biorb 30

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Twinguppy81

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi, I have a biorb 30, & 3 guppies, as I have just started out I dont want to add anymore until someone can answer my question. I was told biorbs were banned because of how it affected the fish, any advice would be gratefully recieved!!!

Hi! I haven't heard they were banned but I guess it's possible. How many gallons is it and what are the dimensions? Oddly shaped tanks like biorbs and hex, etc can be difficult as they usually limit the horizontal swim space that fish need. Also how long has the tank been set up and it is cycled?

librarygirl said:
Hi! I haven't heard they were banned but I guess it's possible. How many gallons is it and what are the dimensions? Oddly shaped tanks like biorbs and hex, etc can be difficult as they usually limit the horizontal swim space that fish need. Also how long has the tank been set up and it is cycled?

It's about 7 and a half imperial gallons.

The tank has been set up for 3 weeks, and I lost one guppies as he was being bullied. I still get spikes but under control, have been told it can take 6 weeks for it to fully establish, I do a water change every week. Any other fish I could add???

Twinguppy81 said:
The tank has been set up for 3 weeks, and I lost one guppies as he was being bullied. I still get spikes but under control, have been told it can take 6 weeks for it to fully establish, I do a water change every week. Any other fish I could add???

I've heard of people mostly putting guppies or small tetras. I have a 4 gallon biOrb that I made into strictly a shrimp tank. I didn't think I would like shrimp, but it's quickly becoming my favorite tank, as the shrimp are so funny to watch. So, I recommend adding some plants and shrimp :)

Back
Top Bottom