Bolivian Ram compatibility

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PNWaquarist

Aquarium Advice Addict
If I have a 29-gallon aquarium with 8 Bloodfin Tetras, 8 Neons, and 4 Sterbai Cory, would I be able to add a single Bolivian Ram without problems? I would guess that the Bloodfins would be fine, but I'm concerned about the other two species. This aquarium will be moderately-to-heavily planted and will have driftwood and other spots for bottom-dwellers to hide.

never had that problem they always set up there territory on one side of the tank and the cories on the other
and with lots of plants and hiding places they should not be a problem

never had that problem they always set up there territory on one side of the tank and the cories on the other
and with lots of plants and hiding places they should not be a problem

I agree but it would still be more dangerous than one alone would be.

My pair of bolivian rams get along fine with my serpae tetras, albino cory cats, and my dwarf gourami.

Thanks for the replies. For whatever it's worth, aqadvisor.com states that a pair of breeding Bolivians would be aggressive towards the Neons.

From what I've read so far, it sounds like a single Bolivian would probably be my best bet. I'll ask the folks at the (reputable) LFS before purchasing.

My gbr is super peaceful with all of his tank mates except when we had other rams. His best friend is a baby angel fish. The pair never bothered any one, but since his mate died the male is suuuuuper laid back.

Sent from my iPhone

Back
Top Bottom