Brackish Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BlackMagic

Aquarium Advice Freak
so today or should i say yeserday noon i went to petco and pick up 4 40gallon breeder tank, 4 20 gallon long and 1 55 gallon for over $300.

all 4 40 gallon tank will be use for my many betta frys to come. i have 4 10 gallon right now with eggs. so hoping it go will.

as for the 20 gallon, i wanna use one to stock up on some Brackish fish.
but for a 20 gallon, what kinda Brackish fish can i stock up on?

i was thinking maybe a dragon goby, but i did some research and they can grow up to 1 feet. so those r out of the pic ...

or maybe ill go with a saltwater dragon goby.

any idea on what i should stock up on? if i do stock up on a saltwater goby, that'll be my first saltwater tank.

Or knight gobys (I'm waiting to get some for our BW tank), They're really cool too. Also unpainted indian glass fish. We have some in ours and they're kinda neat to watch.

Or you could switch one of the 40s to a BW tank and get an awesome dragon goby :) I'm jealous you got a lot of tanks! I will next year

Or you could switch one of the 40s to a BW tank and get an awesome dragon goby :) I'm jealous you got a lot of tanks! I will next year

well petco got a sale going on so i did what i have to do to get the tank now.
since it was only 1 gallon = 1 dollar. so a 40 gallon was only 40 dollar.

i got 4 40 gallon for the price of 2.

There are also Orange chromide, celebes rainbowfish and some puffers (although debatable).

well petco got a sale going on so i did what i have to do to get the tank now.
since it was only 1 gallon = 1 dollar. so a 40 gallon was only 40 dollar.

i got 4 40 gallon for the price of 2.
'

that is what i meant; if you aren't using one of the 40s for something else you can just make it into your BW tank .

Oh I see now, I misread your first post. I was assuming you were only using a couple of the 40s! That SW goby does look good though! I'm sure you will figure it out :)

hard part is finding one.
i got no idea where to start, maybe ill ask some local petstore

so i found 3 bee goby at one of the local pet store. since i cant find any SW dragon goby, im going with a BW tank.

now lets talk about plants. what kinda live plant will do good in a half salt half fresh water tank? beside

1. java moss
2. java fern

and what kinda Water test kit should i get since its BW.

i make up my mind. here a list of things im going to use up.

- 40 breeder tank
- 3 tennie ball size java moss
- 2 piece of M.D.W
- 1 Lava Rock
- 3 BBG
- maybe one Silver Tip Shark Catfish
- 20 piece of Anacharis
- 3 full Bunch of Hornwort(about 8 stem each)
- 2 Bunch of Water Sprite
- 7 Bunch of Java Fern
- 1 bunch of Narrow Sword(15 stem)
- and maybe 20 java balls.
- 4 small Clay Pot

im going to break the java balls and tie it down onto my M.D.W, it'll look like the wood is growing Greens on it.

B4 i do such thing, i wanna ask.

*Will Java Balls Do Good In BW?*

the BW = 1.005 Salt, it should be Fine for the BBG as the BBG im getting are living in full Freshwater tank, so im going to slowly dip them into the BW tank for couple days till they get use to it, than ill add them to the tank.

another question-
what kinda of Substrate should i use?
i was thinking about PLAY SAND.

The marimo moss balls do fine in BW, as do making your own with java moss.

I would suggest pool filter sand as play sand is lighter and can get sucked up easier.

what a good Substrate? still dont know if i should go with sand or just gravel.

Back
Top Bottom