Brackish Tank Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Alyxx said:
There are quite a few that will do will in low brackish conditions. Java fern is one. Mangroves do better in higher salinity, I have some actually. For mollies, I would aim for a lower end brackish tank, maybe up to 1.010 specific gravity. I don't think mollies like it much higher than that.

Actually, to be honest, mollies are native to both brackish water estuaries and coastal areas-they can survive in a complete marine environment if acclimated slowly.

Don't put knight gobies and bb gobies together because the knight goby will eat the bb goby also knight gobies due best by themselves they get really aggressive towards each other

i have read a couple of pages online that says they do ok but thanks for the warning, so i still need another mid to top level fish for my tank......

.......I <3 KILLIFISH do you have any specific fish that would do well ?

so i read that glass fish do ok in brackish water anyone keep them B4 ?

So i was thinking about just having mollies and bumblebee gobies but i know i only want the 3 mollies how many bb gobies could i keep in the 14-16 with a NICE canister filter?
3 mollies
6-8 gobies?

Back
Top Bottom