brand new

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

erikpowers98

Aquarium Advice Newbie
i am just starting out. i dont even have a tank yet (doing reasearch for now).
i would like any help or advice i can get. i know about cycling and the different types i am looking more for what type of fish i should get. i am still rusty on terms so plz explain everything. i want something easy to breed too.
i also really want black phantom tetras. any and all advice is well come:)

i am just starting out. i dont even have a tank yet (doing reasearch for now).
i would like any help or advice i can get. i know about cycling and the different types i am looking more for what type of fish i should get. i am still rusty on terms so plz explain everything. i want something easy to breed too.
i also really want black phantom tetras. any and all advice is well come:)

Hey, BPT are one if the larger tetra species but I think you could stray out with a school of 6-8 an have a smaller schooling fish such as neons or hatchet fish for more movement. For easy breeding, look at Platys or guppies, they also have some nice colors. Do you want to plant it?

my reasearch showes that in a 35 gallon tank you can have close 30 tetras if they are the only ones in the tank and they are still smaller than black skirt, diamond, and white skirt tetras i was thinking close to 12 of the bpt if i am wrong plz let me know

my reasearch showes that in a 35 gallon tank you can have close 30 tetras if they are the only ones in the tank and they are still smaller than black skirt, diamond, and white skirt tetras i was thinking close to 12 of the bpt if i am wrong plz let me know

Yes, you could do that, though 30 fish in a 35 is something I wouldn't do. I just didn't know if you wanted to have other schooling fish

the platys do the breed with other types of playts
and if i did go with 12 bpt how many of ethier fish would it be safe to have 8-9

the platys do the breed with other types of playts
and if i did go with 12 bpt how many of ethier fish would it be safe to have 8-9

Hmm, guppies really breed like rabbits and I wouldn't do 8-9 of them, they could easily breed 20 fry per drop. So I think 5 guppies would be best, higher male to female ratio becuse of breeding

Just a word of caution about the fish discussed above. First, Mollys can get too a large 4" and because they need a great deal of veggies they have a larger bioload. As far as any of the livebearers go mollys, platys, swords, guppys, Endlers--Need I go on--No, the males will pursue the females constantly. I would use a higher ration of females say 2-1 at least or just get males. Also keep in mind the bpt's will pick off livebearer fry like flake food. What they don't get the parents will most likely. Great live food for free. I would suggest going with Endlers. They don't eat their fry and will provide plenty of food for the bpt's.

Back
Top Bottom