Bronze cory behavior?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs.h2012

Aquarium Advice Addict
My bronze cories almost always hide practically all the time. If they happen to have. Ventured out and I walk by the tank, they spaz out and swim off to hide. My peppered cories don't do this, they are usually always out. Doesn't anyone else's bronze cories act like this?

Are they new to the tank or have you had them a while? If they're new they just need to get used to you and their surroundings (I've had some new Otos for a month now and a couple still spaz out when I walk by too fast lol). Corys tend to be nocturnal and don't like a lot of light; mine often hide under plants or driftwood when the lights are on (not bronze, I have pandas and sterbai). Not sure if bronze are different somehow though.

Are they new to the tank or have you had them a while? If they're new they just need to get used to you and their surroundings (I've had some new Otos for a month now and a couple still spaz out when I walk by too fast lol). Corys tend to be nocturnal and don't like a lot of light; mine often hide under plants or driftwood when the lights are on (not bronze, I have pandas and sterbai). Not sure if bronze are different somehow though.

Some are new and some are ones I've had. But it's all of them that hide most is the time, they have always been this way. Mine hide under my new rocks, even at night after I turn on the moonlight light they still hide.

Are they eating? Maybe other fish in the tank are bothering them...the rams maybe? It's hard to tell with fish sometimes...I wish we could just ask them lol

Are they eating? Maybe other fish in the tank are bothering them...the rams maybe? It's hard to tell with fish sometimes...I wish we could just ask them lol

Yes they eat. Feeding time seems to be the only time they come out. I'm down to only one ram now, the one ram im down to is (seems to be) very calm and never bothers anyone. Yesterday one of my newer rams attacked my cory... Back to the store it went!

My emerald corys usually chill at the bottom of my tank. Sometimes they will swim all around but mostly they sit at the bottom. It seems to be normal.

I have 25 cories and only the Julii's and Panda's toddle around in the open during the day. My three other species come out during feeding but prefer the heavy plant cover the rest of the time. Alot depends on the species, the amount of tank light, how secure they feel, and a madrid of other factors. If they are eating that is what matters. I'd like to see all mine more often but since all are thriving I settle for how much I do see them.

I have 25 cories and only the Julii's and Panda's toddle around in the open during the day. My three other species come out during feeding but prefer the heavy plant cover the rest of the time. Alot depends on the species, the amount of tank light, how secure they feel, and a madrid of other factors. If they are eating that is what matters. I'd like to see all mine more often but since all are thriving I settle for how much I do see them.

Mine usually hide under the plants and in the little caves of my rock stack. Ive had my eye on the julli's at LFS for a while.

Back
Top Bottom