Bubbler question?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Iceman

Aquarium Advice Regular
Im really new obviously to the hobby, but what i wanted to know is it ok to have a bubbler right under my filter intake? its a light bar and bubbler, if its not ok no big deal i can just rearrange the decor and move it forward.

The bubbles expelled from an air stone are too large and moving too fast to allow any oxygen to be dissolved into the water. They create surface agitation which in turn promotes oxygen exchange. If there is sufficient filtration in the tank the filter itself will circulate enough water and create enough surface movement to promote oxygen exchange.

Last edited:
thanks for the advice. this site is really awesome thanks to people like you who answer promptly and informatively. maybe someday i can return the favor to a new aquarist.

The only downside my LED bubbler has had is the added condensation on the glass cover. Other than that, the Panda Cory's love to play in the bubbles, so it's a fun addition and looks amazing at night both in and out of the tank (the ceiling lights up with a shimmering blue).

I keep my two HOB filters pushed off to the sides just enough (12" bubble wand) to have 2 inches between the wall and the intake. Any closer and the bubbles get sucked in and the filter gets a little noisy.

i had my bubbler under my filter and had to move it because it made the bubbles go everywhere and it resembled 7up in my tank...

How about a bubbler right underneath a heater? Is that going to be a problem?

Back
Top Bottom