Building a custom hood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Boogety48

Aquarium Advice Freak
I currently do not have a hood for my 20 gal tank. I got the tank from my brother who bought it at a thrift store for $20. It didn't come with a hood, just a stand. I bought a hood for it but it was too small and the next size up was too big so it needs a custom hood. Right now I have mesh over the top, with velcro holding it down so nothing can get out but I want a real hood for it. My husband asked how hard would it be to make one for it so I thought I'd ask you guys. I've looked on youtube and found a few ideas but I wanted to know other people's opinions on it.

Does anyone have any experience they could share with me so I don't get in over my head?

The cheapest thing to do would be to build the canopy that you want so you are not wasting time and money on doing the project twice. Think of how you want it to look and try and draw a sketch of it. Research on carpentry so you do it right the first time. Draw out the pieces you will need and make a supply list. Then go to town building it. Remember, measure twice and cut once.

Back
Top Bottom