Buying online, do or dont?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sherriff

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello again!!!
I live in Nottingham (England) and finding shops with shrimp and the fancier type of Betta is hard work. I have seen several websites, eBay included, that sell live fish.
The question is how difficult is it to settle a fish down after hours of travelling and will it definitely still be alive by arrival also is the health of the fish going to be poor?
I can think of many reasons not to buy online and so I just wondered what success stories there are and whether I'm just being over dramatic haha.
Thanks guys :)

Hello again!!! I live in Nottingham (England) and finding shops with shrimp and the fancier type of Betta is hard work. I have seen several websites, eBay included, that sell live fish. The question is how difficult is it to settle a fish down after hours of travelling and will it definitely still be alive by arrival also is the health of the fish going to be poor? I can think of many reasons not to buy online and so I just wondered what success stories there are and whether I'm just being over dramatic haha. Thanks guys :)

Hi, I live in Mansfield so I'm about 30 mins up the road from you, and I've used eBay before. Most sellers guarantee live arrival of fish and you can acclimatise them the same way you would if you brought it from pets at home :).
The only down side is that because of the stress it may take a few days for the fish to become more active. As for shrimp again a few days for them t regain colour.

Ahh brilliant, can I ask which seller you used? (If you remember) haha. I may give it a go i just don't wanna spend x amount on fish for them to die 3days later.
Thank you

Ahh brilliant, can I ask which seller you used? (If you remember) haha. I may give it a go i just don't wanna spend x amount on fish for them to die 3days later. Thank you

Dawny1774

Remember that in order to get fish to stores, they have to ship them as well. So many of the fish you see in stores were just shipped their recently only to be netted up and reacclimated again.

Back
Top Bottom