Buying plants from net (this site)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ben K

Aquarium Advice Activist
Wasn't sure if I'd ask there or here, so thought I'd go here and if wrong, it would surely be moved by a moderator.

The LFS around here don't offer much in variety when it comes to plants. These are some plants that I am looking for and was wondering how you think they would fare during typical shipping that people on this site ship plants.

Java Fern
Java Moss
Christmas Moss
Utricularia graminifolia
Vallisneria spiralis
Sagittaria platyphylla

Any help appreciated.

You can usually find many of those plants in the barter trade section from people looking to get rid of some of their trimmings. Usually just paying for the shipping is what is asked for in return.

Yeah, I know that. Guess my question was a little vague. Let me rephrase.

how would the above plants fare during shipping from let's say US to Canada? (myself being in Canada in Southern Ontario)

I recently had 76 plants shipped from texas to new hampshire and they all did extreamly well. most people here will take the proper care in shipping them. HTH

Angel.Zero said:
I recently had 76 plants shipped from texas to new hampshire and they all did extreamly well. most people here will take the proper care in shipping them. HTH

Do you know how many days the shipping took? And by chance, were any of them high light plants? (for future knowledge)

Keep in mind that plants in the wild don't get sun everyday. A few days with out light isn't going to hurt them.

Do a bit of research into Customs first. Sending plants across the border may be an issue if any of them are on an embargo list in Canada. Also, there are frequently delays in clearing mail from the States.

Back
Top Bottom