Can anyone help?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tayjayuk

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have 2 fantail goldfish in a 72litre tank. I was given them two weeks ago as their previous owner is moving to Australia. They grew up in a 24litre tank and one is about 6inches long (including tail) the other is about 3" long. They are both around 6 years old. I transferred them to a 72litre tank last week and they are very happy :D

My question is: I would love to introduce a Black Moor goldfish to the tank but

a) don't know how to go about this and
b) don't know if this will be fair on the other older fish.

Looking forward to hearing from anyone who can advise me on this. Thank you.

Tayjayuk x

PS - Brand new to this site so apologies if I have posted this in the wrong place :confused:

Moved to the FW forum where hopefully you will get more response.

welcometoaa.gif

Ok, well first off welcome to AA.

Now to get to your post.

What you have is roughly a 20g tank. Goldfish are high bio load producers (lots of poop) and rather messy in general. You are sadly already at max for your tank. Actually, you are over max for it. One fish is ok, maybe, but 2 or more really isn't.

If you want to add more you'll need to go with a larger tank. As it stands right now, I'd re-home one of the goldfish you have.

Welcome! And I also agree a goldfish needs 20 gal each or at least that's what I read. They dirty up the tank quick!

Thank you all for replying and for your advice :)

Like I say, I am very new to this site and to keeping fish. They were offered to me and I thought my children would like them so I decided to take them on and WOW!! I just LOVE THEM!!!! Didn't realise I would be so into them :8O:

Thank you Cmor for redirecting my thread to a more appropriate place!

Tayjayuk.

Back
Top Bottom