Can I add anymore fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishStarter89

Aquarium Advice Regular
So far, in my 29 gallon I have 2 blue gouramis, 2 moonlit gouramis, 3 swordtails, and 1 pictus catfish. Am I able to add anymore fish and if so what would go well with these?

With the amount of gouramis you have you can expect a lot of fights over territory even in a well planted tank. IMHO one gourami in a tank that size. From my understanding the picus catfish can get pretty large so that will leave out any other bottom dwellers and they will eat anything that fits in their mouth so no little fish. If I was set on the picus (I realize they do better in small groups but not in a 29 gallon tank) I would keep it get rid of 3 of the gouramis and maybe get 4 or 5 larger type of tetras.

The gouramis do not fight because there is only one male. I've had most of them for almost two weeks now and have yet to see even a single dispute. I understand that the pictus will get bigger but by the time it's too big for my tank, I will hopefully have my own place and be able to put it in a bigger tank.

With adult size fish you are at or close to maximum stocking.

Back
Top Bottom