Can silver dollars fit in a 250 litre?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CarlyCeleste

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I’m hoping to house a small school in my empty 250 litre tank, are there any smaller species of silver dollars? Do they school together if different? I wouldn’t add much more than them, let me know what you think [emoji106]

Yes, a small school of SD' S can be kept in your 250 L. tank. I kept a school of six Spotted SD' S in a 65 gal. Tank for several years. The spotted " Metynnis Maculatus" variety, especially the males, stay relatively small. The Tiger Stripe variety grows round, rather than long and can be kept in a 250 L.
The common SD, Metynnis. Argenteus, grows pretty big and would eventually look awkward in your tank.

Attachments

• 20170525_200336.jpg
    20170525_200336.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 65
  • 20180302_093315.jpg
    20180302_093315.jpg
    258.3 KB · Views: 77
Yes, a small school of SD' S can be kept in your 250 L. tank. I kept a school of six Spotted SD' S in a 65 gal. Tank for several years. The spotted " Metynnis Maculatus" variety, especially the males, stay relatively small. The Tiger Stripe variety grows round, rather than long and can be kept in a 250 L.

The common SD, Metynnis. Argenteus, grows pretty big and would eventually look awkward in your tank.

What a fabulous response, thankyou so much [emoji106]

But make sure its NOT a planted tank. They love to eat plants. It was a bitter lesson i learned lol

I’m hoping to house a small school in my empty 250 litre tank, are there any smaller species of silver dollars? Do they school together if different? I wouldn’t add much more than them, let me know what you think [emoji106]

Yes and feed them duckweed they love it and live off it

Back
Top Bottom