Can you guys help me determine how much ammonia (ppm) is in my tank? (Pics)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That looks like a pretty solid 4 to me. A tip I got a back when I was a lifeguard was to try to match the shade of the color rather than the dark/lightness of the color. It's still not easy, but I've found that advice helpful. We were using an API kit for the pool, so I hope/assume it translates to their other tests.

I agree with you guys. I was only trying to say (granted I didn't do well) that when it comes to reading the test kits, I don't really concern myself with shades of green. All green is bad and yellow is good and that the only thing I know for sure with the color charts is when I have a true yellow 0 ammo reading. Concerning the fishless cycle I was just thinking that i personally concern myself with it there either. Dose the ammo as close as you can with the objective being to get a yellow reading eventually after the cycle and not to worry too much about it as far as this shade or that shade.

I should always preface one of my comments however with **Near newbie speaking! :)

Back
Top Bottom