Canister Filters from Premium Aquatics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Samper

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I received some Gift cards from Premium Aquatics for Christmas and planned to use them for a new canister filter. I wanted to set up a simple 55g freshwater community tank. I see that most here recommend a Fluval or a Rena however they do not carry these.

My choices are between:

Eheim comfort and classic
Eheim Filters: Premium Aquatics,

Hydor
Hydor Filters: Premium Aquatics

JBJ.
JBJ Reaction Canister: Premium Aquatics

The JBJ looks nice and all but I don't believe a 5w UV sterilizer will do much if anything. Other than that I have no opinions on these as I have never used one on my reef systems. I need a well built filter, easy to setup and prime/disassemble and clean that I can find replacement parts for. Any advice? Thank you.

German engineering it is then. What is this bypassing that I hear about some filters being notorious for? Do they get clogged and the water re-routed around the media instead of through it? If so it seems like the Eheim can't possibly do this.

Some filters don't seal up well and the water can bypass the media.

The Eheim Classic filters are really not susceptible to this. They're a simple, foolproof design.

Back
Top Bottom