Carey wants a happy tank- guppies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
you could probably add more shrimp,they have virtually no bioload.also,you shouldnt worry about the glofish breeding,they are egg scatterers so the eggs will probably be eaten.

None of my shrimp ever touch my snails so I wouldn't depend on that for snail removal.

woot! Thanks so much for your help! Only a week or two to go.

You mentioned the tank will be planted...you may end up with fry. Luckily, these aren't some cheapie livebearers so you should be able to easily get rid of them ;)

edit: why did i quote that? lol i don't know

LOL. Quote away. ;-)

I think if I can find the shrimp I'll get them anyways, I love the shrimp! Do you think the fry will hide well enough in the plants to survive? cause I really don't want any more darn fry. that's whats in the 10g we are talking about now.

Oh yeah I'd want the shrimp too. I don't know..I just found 5 killifish fry in my 29 gal that I certianly wasn't expecting. They were hiding in the plants. I don't even know if danios would eat their own fry. Glo's are expensive you could prob trade them for store credit or something if it does happen?

any updates? because i have an extra 10g laying around and i wanna see how yours turns out lol

This thread ha benn replaced by my 20g upgrade. LOL I couldnt just have a 10g I needed something bigger. Plus petco had their $1 a gallon sale so I'm in a 20L now with my neons so far.

You could easily make that 10g into a happy tank. A few neons or bettas maybe. I even had a mystery snail in my 10g, it was very cool.

Back
Top Bottom