CF bulb for incandescent strip?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jinmon

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey guys. :) My free (bwahahahaha) 10 gallon kit came with a strip light with no bulbs. Looks like an ordinary screw-in socket, no ballast, so that's an incandescent fixture, right?

I was looking at the Coralife mini compacts and was curious if people recommended them? Also, what are the dimensions? I'm thinking they may not fit in the strip.

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Product/Prod_Display.cfm?pcatid=9870&N=2004+113346

Thanks!

heya,

if you have an incandescent strip already, i can report that the Daylight screw in CF bulbs from Walmart that say 6500k work for plants. i use them on 3 of my tanks, and have had no major issues with them. the word on the forum is that their output is less than a regular CF bulb, but i will tell you that in my experience they are far from useless.

with that said, if you were looking for a new light, the coralife fixture is nice, from what i have seen. its got nice color to it, and is a good size for a small tank...:)

I was using around 60W of those screw in CF bulbs on a 29G planted tank and it worked quite well for me. I stuck with mostly low or mid-low light plants and they grew like crazy with just a bit of CO2 injection.

Back
Top Bottom